26 Feb how to | raw cashew butter squares
This raw food journey of mine has been quite a learning process. On Sunday I finally got to try this recipe I found on RawFoodRecipes.com for Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies.
I’m not a fan of fudge brownies so I’m calling mine raw cashew butter squares :)
I’ve never been into baking; I’d love to but I suck at it! But this non bake and no flour recipe made me feel like I could conquer this feat!
And conquer it I did! These squares are beyond delicious you guys!!! Hope you’ll try then.
p.s If you’re in Canada, I got all my ingredients from Bulk Barn, if not, check your local natural food store or bulk food retailer!
1 cup cashews | 1 cup buckwheat groats | 2 cups Medjool dates | 2 tablespoons cacao powder | 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup peanut butter (or almond butter) [ I used cashew butter] | 1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon maple syrup [ I used Agave syrup ] | 3 tablespoons coconut oil | 1 tablespoon cacao powder
1. Grind the cashew and buckwheat into flour in a high speed blender.
2. Transfer to a food processor and add the rest of the ingredients. Process until it all starts to stick together. If it’s still too crumbly, add more dates or 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or water.
3. Press into the bottom of a 4X2 baking pan or whatever mold/shape you like.
4. Once it sets a bit, spread on the peanut butter. If your PB is too thick, just whisk in 1 tablespoon of water.
5. Stir together the ingredient until smooth. Pour on top of the peanut butter layer [I also sprinkled unsweetened shredded coconut] and let the whole thing chill in the fridge (pun intended) for a couple hours or ideally overnight so the flavors can get to know each other.
6. Slice and nom!